1. Copy/print clip art.
Opening Song: The Chapel Doors
Story's author unknown
Today we'll learn about some children and how they act in Heavenly Father's house.
1. This is Nan. Nan is only three years old. It is hard to be good when you are only three. Nan tries hard. She puts her toys away, sometimes even before her mother asks her. But sometimes when Nan goes to church, she acts like a kitten. Kittens are soft and usually quiet, so you may wonder what could be wrong- with having a kitten at church. Have you ever watched two kittens together? They are always swatting each other. This was Nan's problem- she didn't always remember to keep her hands to herself. Heavenly Father is happy if we fold our arms and keep our hands to ourselves while we are in His house.
2. This is Jeremy. Usually Jeremy is a good boy. He likes to help his father work in the yard. He mows the grass in the summer and rakes the leaves in the fall. But sometimes when Jeremy goes to church he acts like a big polar bear. Polar bears are soft and furry. If you have ever seen one at the zoo you know that they are heavy and walk PLUNK! PLUNK! PLUNK! Jeremy forgets and lets his feet go PLUNK! PLUNK! as he walks down the chapel aisle. Heavenly Father is happy when we walk with light, quiet feet in His house.
3. This is Diane. Diane is a happy little girl. She helps her mother with the dishes and doesn't even grumble. But sometimes when Diane goes to church she acts like a bird. Birds like to chirp and sing. And Diane loves to sing in church. But sometimes she forgets where she is and sings when it isn't time to sing. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and to sing when we are in His house. But He wants us to sing only when everyone else is singing or when we are asked to sing a special song.
4. This is Jason. Jason always obeys his parents. He always, remembers to wear his coat when he goes outside if it is cold or stormy. But sometimes when, Jason goes to church he acts like a duck. If you have ever watched a flock of ducks you know that they often stray away and get into places where they, don't belong. Sometimes Jason forgets to stay in his seat and wanders all over the chapel. Heavenly Father is happy if we stay in our places while we are in His house.
5. This is Veronica. Veronica is getting to be a big girl. She is even big enough to make her bed in the morning before she goes to breakfast. But sometimes when Veronica goes to church she acts like a monkey. Sometimes she crawls under the bench, and sometimes she climbs up onto the back of the bench. Heavenly Father is happy when we sit quietly and properly on the benches while we are in His house.
6. This is Kirt. Kirt eats his vegetables and is growing strong. He is even strong enough to help carry groceries into the house. But sometimes when Kirt goes to church he is grumpy. He likes to stay up late on saturday night and watch his favorite show on TV. When he wakes up on Sunday morning, he acts like a lion. He growls at his sister and brother and even growls at his friends at church. Heavenly Father is happy when we are cheerful while we are in His house.
7. This is Nicky. Nicky is a happy girl. She smiles and is pleasant even when she has to tend her little brother, though she would rather be playing with her friends. Always when Nicky goes to church she acts like a butterfly. She gently moves down the aisle and quietly takes her seat. she sings the songs. She thinks of Jesus during the sacrament, and she listens to the speakers. Heavenly father is happy when we are truly reverent in His house.
Heavenly Father is happy when we show love and respect for His house. How can we show respect for our Heavenly Father while we are at church?
Challenge your children to follow what has been discussed next week in church and listen to the speakers, music and their teachers in primary.
No Bake Cookies
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
Sunday, August 24, 2008