Author: Annalisa Hall
Family Activity: (Prepare the word stripes and hid them in the room for the family to find and search the life of Jesus Christ, or paste them around the home in order to follow, optional put a picture from the Gospel Art Kit for each one to teach the children about the Life of Jesus Christ.) Adapted from "Walking Where Jesus Walked," Friend, Feb. 2003, 24
Explain: While Jesus Christ was on the earth, He did many important things. He taught His gospel and showed us how we can return to live with Him and Heavenly Father again. The most important things Jesus did for us were the Atonement and the Resurrection. As you play the game, you will see many of the things that happened in His life.
(1) The shepherds believed the sign of Jesus' birth and went to see Him in Bethlehem.
(See Luke 2:820.)
(2) King Herod sent soldiers to kill all boys two years old or younger. Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus fled to Egypt.
(See Matt. 2:1318.)
(3) Mary and Joseph found young Jesus teaching at the temple in Jerusalem.
(See Luke 2:4152.)
(4) He was baptized by John the Baptist in the River Jordan.
(See Matt. 3:1317.)
(5) Jesus overcame Satan's temptations.
(See Matt. 4:111.)
(6) Jesus was cast out of Nazareth, the city where He grew up.
(See Luke 4:1430.)
(7) Jesus Christ called the Twelve Apostles. They all answered the call and were given the priesthood.
(See Mark 3:1319.)
(8) The Pharisees tried to trick Jesus.
(See Matt. 22:1522.)
(9) He raised Jairus's daughter from the dead.
(See Mark 5:3543.)
(10) He fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fishes.
(See Mark 6:3046.)
(11) He calmed the stormy Sea of Galilee.
(See Mark 4:3541.)
(12) He taught the Sermon on the Mount.
(See Matt. 57.)
(13) He walked on the Sea of Galilee.
(See Matt. 14:2233.)
(14) Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.
(See John 11:145.)
(15) Jesus cleansed the temple.
(See John 2:1317.)
(16) He performed many miracles.
(See Matt. 9:2735.)
(17) He rode triumphantly into Jerusalem.
(See Luke 19:2838.)
(18) He and the Apostles had the Last Supper.
(See Matt. 26:1730.)
(19) He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane and began to suffer for our sins.
(See Matt. 26:3646.)
(20) Jesus was crucified.
(See John 19.)
(21) He is resurrected!
(See Mark 16.)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Author: Annalisa Hall